Sachin….!!! Sachin….!!! Sachin…!!!
That roar in the stadium is now a faded dream but still, we love him.
Happy Birthday, Sachin 🙂
- Tendulkar would win a coin from his coach Ramakant Achrekar if he could bat through an entire session of nets without being dismissed. Tendulkar has 13 such coins. Awesome childhood memories !!
- Sachin Tendulkar was named after the great musician Sachin Dev Burman. Sachin’s father Ramesh Tendulkar, was a big fan of SD’s music.
- Sachin calls Sourav Ganguly `Babu Moshai` while Ganguly calls him `Chhota Babu`.
- Tendulkar wanted to be a fast bowler and he attended the MRF Pace Academy which was run by the Australian fast bowler Dennis Lillee. The little one didn’t impress Lillee with his bowling but batted superbly. In hindsight, we thank god that Sachin was rejected as a fast bowler!
- The first time Anjali went to Sachin’s house she went as a journalist. The little master told Anjali: “You are a girl how can you come to my house?” Anjali somehow entered the house and Sachin had only one chocolate to offer her. He split it to share. Awwwww sweet of him !!
- In his 24 years as a batsman, India’s Sachin Tendulkar has broken almost every record there in cricket. As he retires after his final match in Mumbai, he leaves a legacy unmatched by any other cricketer.
Birthday wishes, legend !!